For prospective visitors coming to Prince Bay Farm ... *** Leave zero trace. My home is in the process of my humbly remodeling it from a fire and abandonment for many years. She is a work in progress and not all areas are fully functioning to 100%. I am happy to share my home, knowledge and history of it and the surrounding area. It’s important for you to understand and respect that I have had a laryngectomy and talking is difficult so if you tend to talk over people please refrain from doing it with me. My family has owned this land since 1799 and it has had many faces. With this being said she is delicate and so comes with instructions on many levels. I am being transparent because of some delicate areas that truly need respect in usage. The common areas should always be left with zero trace of your belongings or accidents. If one does occur, we are all adults and it should be a given, since this is an honor system, that you would inform me immediately. Your mother does n...
Changes to My Throat Anatomy Due to My Laryngectomy. Many folks don't understand the changes to the throat anatomy that are a result of a laryngectomy. My stoma(throat hole) is a direct line to my lungs. My lungs are no longer connected to my mouth and nose. I eat through my mouth. I breathe through my neck. I speak by plugging my stoma with my finger and forcing air from my trachea(windpipe) through a tiny bit of plastic(vocal prosthesis) into my esophagus(food pipe). It does not hurt to speak. I can talk almost as much as I could before the surgery. My vocal cords(larynx) are completely gone. They will not grow back. They were removed due to a recurrence of throat cancer. My condition is permanent. It is not contagious. It is not cool to imitate how I speak. It is extremely hard to make proper inflections or intonations when I speak, which can cause misunderstandings. My voice is much deeper and a bit raspy now, which some have said sounds angry until they reali...
Comments
Post a Comment